Drug injury legal cases usually involve personal injury claims or wrongful death claims filed on behalf of people who unfortunately experienced serious side effects or an adverse drug reaction while using a prescription medication.
Some unsafe drugs have been the subject of a safety alert or an FDA drug recall, while other drugs remain on the market with a so-called “ black-box” warning.
If you, relatives, or friends need legal advice or legal representation for a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit involving a drug side effect, you can submit a Drug Injury Law Case Review or you can call Tom Lamb on our toll-free number: (800) 426-9535.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, as there are no legal fees or any other costs incurred when submit a Case Review form or you call to speak about a possible drug injury case.
Legal & Medical News: Featured Article
Increased Risk Of PPHN When Women Use SSRIs Medications Like Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Prozac, And Zoloft After Their 20th Week Of Pregnancy
SUMMARY: Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN) is a serious but often overlooked drug risk presented by some popular antidepressant drugs like Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Prozac, and Zoloft. These prescription medications are in the Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, or SSRIs, class of drugs.
While the FDA has looked at this drug safety problem for some years, now, unfortunately the agency has not reached any definitive conclusions and certainly has not taken the necessary actions to prevent future cases of PPHN caused by antidepressants / SSRIs like Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Prozac, and Zoloft, despite the severity of this birth defect condition.
Likewise, the drug companies responsible for these widely used antidepressants have apparently not taken the obvious steps to heighten awareness of the SSRI – PPHN drug safety issue by getting Prozac, for example, moved to Pregnancy Category D (Prescription drugs which are known to impose health risks for the fetus).
Earlier articles by attorney Tom Lamb on the Side Effects Blog:
- Benicar-Induced Enteropathy: Recently Found / New Possible Cause Of Villous Atrophy: Symptoms And Diagnosis
- More Evidence Supporting A Link Between Testosterone Therapy And Higher Risk Of Cardiovascular-Related Events Such As Myocardial Infarctions Or Heart Attacks
- The Growing Use Of Testosterone Creams, Gels, Injections, And Patches Raises Increased Concerns About Risks Of Cardiac Side Effects
- Increasingly Popular Testosterone Replacement Therapy Drugs Are Linked To Myocardial Infarctions Or Heart Attacks, Strokes, And Deaths
- FDA Drug Safety Concerns About Pradaxa And Serious Bleeding Side Effects Will Get Another Look By Means Of New 2014 Study
- The Association Of Antipsychotic Drug Risperdal (Risperidone) With Gynecomastia / Male Breasts Side Effect Is Subject Of Pharmaceutical Litigation Against Janssen
- Pfizer’s Lipitor Statin Drug For Treatment Of High Cholesterol Linked To An Increased Risk Of Type-2 Diabetes In Some Older And Post-Menopausal Women